7.15.2008

Top 10 Movies I Can’t Wait to See

Since I didn’t see any movies this weekend, I thought I’d write a list of some of the movies I am highly anticipating during the next 12 months.

1. The Dark Knight – Now who ISN’T anticipating this one? I don’t think I’ve heard one negative thing about this movie yet. I know it comes out this upcoming weekend, but this will be the LONGEST week ever!

2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – I am currently 3/4th the way through this book and so far it’s GREAT! Look for it November 21, 2008

3. X-Files – I Want to Believe – I was a HUGE fan of the TV show (owning some of the series on VHS too), I am stoked that the original actors agreed to this new installment. The best thing though is that the movie is supposed to be an independent story, so even if movie goers weren’t huge fans of the late-90’s series they can still enjoy the sexual tension and sci-fi twists that made it famous in the first place. Release Date: July 25, 2008

4. Angles & Demons – The precursor to “The Da Vinci Code”, Dan Brown’s Vatican city novel is on the big screen. Full of the same controversies that The Da Vinci Code brought on, this book poses even more challenging because it takes place in Vatican City as well on the actual grounds of the Vatican itself. Tom Hanks is the only familiar face but Ron Howard is bringing in Ewan McGregor to round out the cast. Release Date: May 15, 2009

5. Twilight – This makes the list because of my dearest friends who are obsessed with the novels by Stephenie Meyer. This teenage vampire saga has received a lot of attention from the MTV youngsters, but has also got those of us in their 20’s and 30’s reading as well. The series, made up of 4 books has been on the New York Times Best Seller list for 47 weeks, will now be making huge grounds on the big screen. Release Date: December 12, 2008

6. Eagle Eye - Shia LaBeouf stars as a guy who is suddenly being ordered around by some mysterious woman on the phone who can see his every move. This truly do or die flick looks very intense and I have a feeling it’ll have a twist no one is expecting. Release Date: September 26, 2008

7. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button – This just looks interesting, like a very unique story. Release Date: December 19, 2008

8. Australia – Finally Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman don’t have to fake American accents since this is a movie about their home country. It’ll be nice to see these two highly talented stars make a film together about their homeland. Release Date: November 14th, 2008

9. Mamma Mia – Theater was my minor in college, so it’s always a pleasure (well not always) to see an acclaimed production in movie theaters. This energy filled play seems to have a cast that loved making the movie, so it’s sure to be filled with high impact acting, singing and dancing and let’s not forget – romance. It only has the unfortunate fate of coming out the same weekend as “The Dark Knight.” Release Date: July 18, 2008

10. Tropic Thunder – Really, all I have to say is Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. Oh wait let me add something – Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Mickey Rooney, Nick Nolte, and Bill Hader. Enough said. Release Date: August 15, 2008

What are you looking forward to within the 2008/2009 film season? Did I miss anything?

http://moviesworketc.blogspot.com/

No comments: